Rediscover your best smile with dental implants in Bloomington, IL
As we go about our lives, our smiles have an enormous impact on our interactions with others. This is true of those whose day is spent in the garden as much as for those in Corporate America. To feel confident with your smile takes just a few particulars, primarily the presence of healthy teeth. Gaps left after the loss of a tooth or teeth not only affect the look of your smile, but your oral health, as well.
Today, solutions for missing teeth go beyond the old standard of care, which was replacement with a dental bridge, partial denture, or full denture. The development of dental implants has given modern dental patients the ultimate in restorative care.
Dental implants are popular for a number of reasons, including:
- There are no limitations to what you can eat.
- Oral hygiene remains the same as with natural teeth.
- No messy adhesives are needed.
- Anchored in the jawbone, new teeth will not slip, rub, or fall out.
- It is possible to replace from one to several to all teeth with implants.
- Restoration can last a lifetime without needing to be re-fitted.
- It is not necessary to alter healthy teeth for restoration with an implant.
- Providing stimulation to the jawbone, implants preserve this vital structure.
- Preventing bone loss, implants facilitate a more youthful aesthetic.
- Implants are most like natural teeth, offering superior strength.
- Restorations look and feel just like natural teeth do.
Implants are restorations that are precisely positioned in the jawbone, where the structure mimics that of natural teeth. Crafted from corrosion-resistant biocompatible materials, implants become a natural part of the jawbone through osseointegration. Once firmly situated, implants can hold a dental crown, a bridge, or a full denture appliance for superb function. This type of treatment is fully customized to the needs of the patient.
Of course, not every treatment is ideal for every person. Dr. Milligan offers alternative solutions to missing teeth, including dental bridges and customized dentures. Whether used alone or as a support to a bridge or denture, dental implants change the way you look at your smile.
Enjoy your best smile even after tooth loss. Contact Eastland Dental Center to learn more about dental implant treatment.Back to Dental Implants Page