Bloomington dental office uses dental implants to restore smiles after tooth loss
Tooth loss is an oral health issue that anyone at any age can face. Whether it is due to an accident, tooth decay, tooth fractures, or genetics, a missing tooth can affect not only your self-confidence but also your oral health and wellness. At Eastland Dental Center in Bloomington, IL, our team of dentists provides various tooth replacement options for our patients, including dental implants.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are a tooth replacement options chosen by patients in our dental office because they offer a wide array of oral health, functional, and cosmetic benefits. Of all of the tooth replacement options available, a dental implant most closely mimics the natural tooth structure. The implant itself is a tiny screw-like piece of titanium that is placed into your jawbone, where it joins with the bone to provide a strong foundation for your new tooth – similar to a natural tooth root. Then, a restoration like a dental crown is placed on top of the implant for a natural-looking smile that functions as great as it looks.
Benefits of dental implants
Dental implants are often the tooth replacement option of choice by dentists and patients alike because they are simply unmatched in terms of how they look, feel, and function:
- The implant provides stimulation for your jawbone, which protects it from bone deterioration that typically accompanies tooth loss
- Because the implant fuses with your bone, it provides a very stable base for your replacement tooth.
- With good oral hygiene at home and regular care in the dental office an implant can last a very long time.
- While some types of restorations require alteration of the healthy neighboring teeth, such as to place crowns that will anchor a dental bridge, a dental implant only affects the tooth it is replacing, and no adjustments to the adjacent teeth are required.
- When your implant has healed accordingly and an esthetic restoration placed, it will look and feel similar to a regular tooth.
Learn more in a personalized consultation
At Eastland Dental Center, our dentists Dr. Mike Milligan and Dr. Marisa Milligan, work with each patient individually to identify the best tooth restoration option for their specific needs and provide long-lasting results. To find out more about dental implants, including what to expect and whether dental implants are right for you, call our Bloomington, IL office today at (309) 663-4711!