- Crowns help strengthen any tooth that may have a large cavity, start of a fracture, or a large old filling compromising the strength of the tooth
- A bridge attaches two or more crowns together in order to replace missing teeth
- We ensure that the crowns and bridges we use are of the highest quality material to feel and look natural
Crowns are like a thimble over your finger. We create one by taking out any decay from the tooth itself. Then we smooth the broken areas, and then we cover it with the crown. We can strengthen the crown when necessary with bonding or pins to make sure it is sturdy and delivers you optimum chewing power.
A bridge attaches two crowns together in order to replace missing teeth. We crown the tooth in front and the tooth in the back. Then we attach a false tooth to these two crowns, creating what is called the "bridge." Although we typically prefer to do dental implants for missing teeth, there are several instances where a bridge is the procedure of choice. We will sit with you and discuss your possible options, and we will always let you determine the procedure you are most comfortable with in the long-run.
Crowns and bridges are very esthetic and lifelike. Usually no one will ever be able to tell that we even worked on it. And they are very long lasting, as well.
Dr. Mike Milligan at Eastland Dental Center has been creating high quality crowns and bridges for his patients for over 25 years. By using some of the finest dental labs available, Dr. Mike, Dr. Marisa and the staff ensure that your crowns and bridges are of the highest quality. This will result in an effective, long-term restoration that will continue to please and satisfy you for years to come!
Eastland Dental Center
Dr. Mike completed his doctor of dental medicine degree from Southern Illinois University in 1978. Dr. Marisa completed her doctor of dental medicine degree from Midwestern University in 2015. Both doctors have logged hundreds of hours of continuing education to stay on top of the latest technologies in dentistry as well as the most current research on the oral-systemic, mouth-body connection to benefit their patients. Dr. Mike and Dr. Marisa are active members and in excellent standing with the American Dental Association, Illinois State Dental Association, Chicago Dental Society, McLean County Dental Association, American Academy of Oral Systemic Health, and numerous other societies.
Both doctors are avid golfers and have won several national golf tournaments over the years. They are the only father-daughter team in the state to have won the Illinois State Amateur Golf Championship. Dr. Mike in 1974 and Dr. Marisa in 2005.
- Dental Crowns Procedure in Bloomington, IL
- Dentist in Bloomington, IL describes the procedure for placement of dental crowns
- Patients in Bloomington, IL ask about the process of placing dental crowns
- Instances in which the dental crowns procedure may be warranted in our Bloomington area practice
- Crowns and bridges; the best options for restoring teeth in Bloomington
Services we offer
- Teeth Cleaning
- Digital X-Rays
- Oral Cancer Screening - Velscope
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Teeth Whitening
- Crowns and Bridges
- Dental Implants
- Dentures and Partials
- Root Canal
- Bone Grafting
- Gum Disease
- Oral DNA – Salivary Diagnostics
- Dental Infection
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Myofunctional Therapy
- Physician Collaboration
Getting Aquainted OfferNew Patients Call today to receive a $50 credit towards your first teeth cleaning appointment at our office
Eastland Dental Center Mike and his talented and friendly staff are amazing!! I’m so happy with the results. Each person in the office from the front desk, to the dental assistants to Dr Mike and his Daughter Marisa are top notch!!!thank you guys for a great experience.