Dental Infection PreventionA dental infection can develop anywhere in your mouth. Initially, it may not cause a great deal of discomfort, but bacteria from the infection can travel to bone, or spread to the bone or even to the rest of your body. Good oral hygiene, including regular checkups at Eastland Dental Center in Bloomington, IL, are essential in prevention of dental infection.
Signs of dental infectionIf you have any of these symptoms, it is imperative to seek treatment as quickly as possible to minimize risk of complications:
- Mouth pain
- Swelling on the gum
- Swollen glands in the neck
- Swollen jaw
- Temperature sensitivity in one or more teeth
- Foul breath
- Strange taste in your mouth
Oral care and hygiene for preventionMany oral problems can be prevented with diligent care.
- Brush at least twice a day.
- Do not use a hard brush, or brush aggressively. Our hygienist will be happy to show you proper technique.
- Floss daily.
- Teeth are for chewing food. Do not use them to open packaging, bite through string, or gnaw hard objects. Those habits lead to damage that may result in infection.
- Visit Eastland Dental Center for regular cleanings and examinations. In addition to checking your teeth, our dentists evaluate the health of soft tissues, and screen for oral cancers.
Eastland Dental Center
Dr. Mike completed his doctor of dental medicine degree from Southern Illinois University in 1978. Dr. Marisa completed her doctor of dental medicine degree from Midwestern University in 2015. Both doctors have logged hundreds of hours of continuing education to stay on top of the latest technologies in dentistry as well as the most current research on the oral-systemic, mouth-body connection to benefit their patients. Dr. Mike and Dr. Marisa are active members and in excellent standing with the American Dental Association, Illinois State Dental Association, Chicago Dental Society, McLean County Dental Association, American Academy of Oral Systemic Health, and numerous other societies.
Both doctors are avid golfers and have won several national golf tournaments over the years. They are the only father-daughter team in the state to have won the Illinois State Amateur Golf Championship. Dr. Mike in 1974 and Dr. Marisa in 2005.
Services we offer
- Teeth Cleaning
- Digital X-Rays
- Oral Cancer Screening - Velscope
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Teeth Whitening
- Crowns and Bridges
- Dental Implants
- Dentures and Partials
- Root Canal
- Bone Grafting
- Gum Disease
- Oral DNA – Salivary Diagnostics
- Dental Infection
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Myofunctional Therapy
- Physician Collaboration
Getting Aquainted OfferNew Patients Call today to receive a $50 credit towards your first teeth cleaning appointment at our office
Eastland Dental Center I always feel at home whenever I go there! The staff is top notch ! Very professional , and explain everything in full detail! Truly the best dentist I have ever had! Would recommend Eastland Dental Center to anyone! So Thankful I choose them! Excellent Job, Dr. Mike Milligan and the entire staff ! Sincerely Bernette Drucker