Digital X-Rays For TeethRadiographs, better known as x-rays, are essential to dental care. X-rays provide vital diagnostic information, and help the dentist plan treatment. They also aid in detecting potential oral health problems before they become major issues. Drs. Mike and Marisa Milligan are committed to delivering top quality dental care with efficient, effective technologies. They provide patients in the Bloomington, IL area with safe digital x-rays for teeth.
What x-rays doX-rays allow your dentist to:
- See inside or between teeth to detect decay.
- Examine tooth roots and bony areas around teeth.
- Evaluate oral development in children.
- Determine status of periodontal disease.
The digital differenceThe energy produced by an x-ray device is absorbed by dense tissue (teeth and bone), but passes through soft tissues (cheeks and gums). Most dental x-rays are intraoral – taken inside the mouth. Common types are:
- Bitewing – An image of upper and lower posterior (back) teeth.
- Panoramic – A sweeping view of teeth, jaws and joints, nasal area, and sinuses.
- Periapical – A view of an entire tooth, from crown to supporting bone.
With digital x-rays for teeth, your mouth and your health are in good hands with us at Eastland Dental Center in Bloomington, IL. Call (309) 663-4711 to schedule a checkup.
Services we offer
- Teeth Cleaning
- Digital X-Rays
- Oral Cancer Screening - Velscope
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Teeth Whitening
- Orthodontics – 6 Month Smiles
- Crowns and Bridges
- Dental Implants
- Dentures and Partials
- Root Canal
- Bone Grafting
- Gum Disease
- Oral DNA – Salivary Diagnostics
- Dental Infection
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Myofunctional Therapy
- Physician Collaboration