Teeth CleaningsBelieve it or not, a major source of infection throughout people's bodies is unhealthy teeth and gums. It is extremely important to maintain healthy teeth and gums through regular dental hygiene appointments to avoid spreading infection from your mouth to the rest of your body.
During hygiene cleanings, we will examine your mouth for conditions such as gum disease, cavities, bite concerns, oral cancer, and other problems. We will clean plaque and tartar from your teeth, preventing and treating a number of unwelcome problems such as gum disease and bad breath.
We work with you to determine the best interval to come in to the dental office for teeth cleanings. The typical recalls are between three and six months. We review your at-home oral hygiene routine – you know you should brush at least twice each day and floss at least once each day, eat sensibly, don’t smoke, exercise, and get proper sleep.
We have different options and products to support your dental hygiene cleanings and home care so that you can keep up with what we've done in our office. We may discuss certain at home products with you including a water flosser or a power brush. We may also discuss a product called Carifree to our patients that are more prone to cavities. This is a sequence of rinses and paste to use at home to change the type of bacteria in your mouth.
Dr. Mike, Dr. Marisa, and the dental hygienists at Eastland Dental Center are very up-to-date in their dental techniques, and constantly participate in the latest dental training in order to learn about new advances in the dental industry. If you have not been in for a teeth cleaning recently, call Eastland Dental Center today to schedule an appointment.
Dr. Lon Jones - Xylitol
Dr. Kim Kutsch - CariFree
- Dr. Milligan describes the purpose of dental cleanings and examinations for Bloomington, IL area patients
- Learn about dental services available in Bloomington, IL for preventative care, including teeth cleaning
- Bloomington, IL area dentist offers teeth cleanings and other preventive services
- True teeth cleaning extends beyond the commonly known methods in Bloomington, IL
- Home teeth cleaning helps our patients from Bloomington and other IL areas avoid root canal therapy
Services we offer
- Teeth Cleaning
- Digital X-Rays
- Oral Cancer Screening - Velscope
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Teeth Whitening
- Orthodontics – 6 Month Smiles
- Crowns and Bridges
- Dental Implants
- Dentures and Partials
- Root Canal
- Bone Grafting
- Gum Disease
- Oral DNA – Salivary Diagnostics
- Dental Infection
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Myofunctional Therapy
- Physician Collaboration