Tooth Colored FillingMost people would prefer to never need a dental filling. The next best scenario is for the smile to look like you never had a cavity. Dr. Mike Milligan and Dr. Marisa Milligan accomplish that with esthetic restorations including tooth colored fillings.
The material for restorations we typically recommend is resin composite which is shaded to match tooth enamel. It contains powdered glass that adds luminescence. This material has evolved into a reliable choice for esthetic and long lasting dental fillings.
Tooth colored fillings have these advantages:
- Conservative – Composite resin fillings are bonded, therefore the dentist is able to preserve more of your tooth.
- Strong and durable – Provides strength to endure pressure from chewing.
- Does not promote wear – Tooth colored filling material is gentle to the opposing tooth.
- Economical – A composite resin filling costs significantly less than a porcelain crown.
- Smile friendly – The filling material is color-matched to your teeth, so no one will know you had a cavity. You may forget which tooth is filled!
Eastland Dental Center
Dr. Mike completed his doctor of dental medicine degree from Southern Illinois University in 1978. Dr. Marisa completed her doctor of dental medicine degree from Midwestern University in 2015. Both doctors have logged hundreds of hours of continuing education to stay on top of the latest technologies in dentistry as well as the most current research on the oral-systemic, mouth-body connection to benefit their patients. Dr. Mike and Dr. Marisa are active members and in excellent standing with the American Dental Association, Illinois State Dental Association, Chicago Dental Society, McLean County Dental Association, American Academy of Oral Systemic Health, and numerous other societies.
Both doctors are avid golfers and have won several national golf tournaments over the years. They are the only father-daughter team in the state to have won the Illinois State Amateur Golf Championship. Dr. Mike in 1974 and Dr. Marisa in 2005.
Services we offer
- Teeth Cleaning
- Digital X-Rays
- Oral Cancer Screening - Velscope
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Teeth Whitening
- Crowns and Bridges
- Dental Implants
- Dentures and Partials
- Root Canal
- Bone Grafting
- Gum Disease
- Oral DNA – Salivary Diagnostics
- Dental Infection
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Myofunctional Therapy
- Physician Collaboration