Tooth Colored FillingMost people would prefer to never need a dental filling. The next best scenario is for the smile to look like you never had a cavity. Dr. Mike Milligan and Dr. Marisa Milligan accomplish that with esthetic restorations including tooth colored fillings.
Silver FillingsDental amalgam came into use in this country in the early 1800s. It is a blend of liquid mercury, silver, tin, copper, and other metals. There has long been controversy over the safety of amalgam. Extensive studies have shown that dental amalgam has a record of safety and effectiveness. There is also an inescapable fact about amalgam – the dark, silver-colored material is glaringly noticeable in a white smile. Patients at Eastland Dental Center have an attractive option – tooth-colored fillings.
Beautiful alternativeThe material for restorations we typically recommend is resin composite which is shaded to match tooth enamel. It contains powdered glass that adds luminescence. This material has evolved into a reliable choice for esthetic and long lasting dental fillings.
Tooth colored fillings have these advantages:
- Conservative – Composite resin fillings are bonded, therefore the dentist is able to preserve more of your tooth.
- Strong and durable – Provides strength to endure pressure from chewing.
- Does not promote wear – Tooth colored filling material is gentle to the opposing tooth.
- Economical – A composite resin filling costs significantly less than a porcelain crown.
- Smile friendly – The filling material is color-matched to your teeth, so no one will know you had a cavity. You may forget which tooth is filled!
Services we offer
- Teeth Cleaning
- Digital X-Rays
- Oral Cancer Screening - Velscope
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Teeth Whitening
- Orthodontics – 6 Month Smiles
- Crowns and Bridges
- Dental Implants
- Dentures and Partials
- Root Canal
- Bone Grafting
- Gum Disease
- Oral DNA – Salivary Diagnostics
- Dental Infection
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Myofunctional Therapy
- Physician Collaboration